Proposed meetings on Science Journalism and Peter Ritchie Calder

Proposed meetings on Science Journalism and Peter Ritchie Calder

Before Christmas, Jane Gregory and I announced a meeting to explore the career and influence of the science journalist Peter Ritchie Calder (1906-1982) to be held this month.

So as to give a longer development time, we have decided to postpone the Ritchie Calder meeting.

We are postponing the meeting by a year, and enlarging its scope to cover the development of science journalism in the UK, embracing print, TV and radio.

This conference will be held at the LSE in spring 2008 in London.

Please send expressions of interest to Jane Gregory ([log in to unmask]k) or Tim Boon ([log in to unmask] ) by 4 May 2007. A formal call for papers will be built on initial responses.

Dr Tim Boon,

Head of Collections, The Science Museum, London SW7 2DD

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and are confidential. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately, delete the message from your computer system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not reflect the views of the National Museum of Science & Industry. This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security System.