I understand that in the 12th C seven degress of kinship consitiuted "consanguinity" for the purposes of annullment of a marriage, but that the law on "incest" was even more complex than that.

Am I right that the child of your god-parent was as prohibited as a sexual partner as the child of one of your parents ? And how far did this prohibition extend ? Was marriage to a cousin of a god-parent forbidden ?

And what about the far more physical connection of one's wet-nurse's family ? Were sexual relations with one's "milk-brother / sister" likewise forbidden and again, how far did this extend ? Presumably one could not take one's wet-nurse as one's mistress !!!

Guidance on an EASY book on the subject would be much appreciated.

BMC