From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ford, Jennifer (Medsch Hampstead/Library)
Sent: 03 April 2007 14:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Marketing library services

Hello,

My library is currently planning a marketing drive. We’re hoping to market the library service as a whole to a new group of users who will be coming to us due to the closure of another library housed in the same hospital, and we also want to market the information skills training courses that we run more effectively to increase numbers of these sessions. We have different user groups that we’d like to market to including undergraduate and postgraduate students and NHS staff working in the hospital and trust we are based at.

At the moment we’re at the stage of trying to generate ideas, and working out what kind of budget we need to allocate for marketing. I’d be grateful to know about any ideas or marketing tactics that anyone has used in their academic or medical libraries, even if they were things that didn’t work out. Also if anyone knows of a good place to get promotional branded goods like pens, bookmarks, post-it notes or fuzzy bugs made, and the approximate cost of this sort of thing, that would be really useful.

Any idea, hints tips or information would be appreciated, apologies for cross posting.

Thanks,

Jenni

Jennifer Ford

Information Services Assistant,