Message
Dear Ms/Mr Ali Kedge,

A few minutes ago David Sherren posted on an internet discussion list - for (mostly British Isles) map curators/historians - your e-mail request for assistance on a 4-part tv series about a surveyor-mapmaker [and dance master, translator, etc.] whose name is mis-spelt: this does not bode well for your research.  Similarly for his alleged (by whom?) achievement "as he recorded the first ever map of Wales."

You would find masses of material - biographical and cartographical - were you to search for 'OGILBY, John' on, for example, COPAC [http://www.copac.ac.uk].  As for "the first ever map of Wales": if you were to contact the National Library of Wales (via: [log in to unmask]) this would be a good start!  In fact one of my ex-Map Room Assistants, Mr Huw Thomas, is employed there now.  An off-list English gentleman who, about 6 years ago, obtained his PhD on John Ogilby and his road maps (especially) - Dr Donald Hodson - could be contacted; but I advise you to do some background reading and research first (as he would reasonably expect you to have done).

Yours sincerely
(Mr) Francis Herbert, former Curator of Maps, Royal Geographcial Society (with IBG)