Dear Colleague

There is still time to book onto the following Netskills workshops running at Oxford University Computing Services in May, we have spaces still available on the following workshops:

1. Information Skills: Is Google Enough? 1st May
This workshop will give you a greater understanding of how Google works and equip you to search it, and other sites, more effectively. The workshop also provides you with the opportunity to explore what else is out there, learn about new developments in searching and think about how to evaluate web sites for quality.

2. Blogs, Wikis & Social Networking, 2nd May
This practical workshop aims to get beyond the hype and show what blogs, wikis and other social software tools can do for you, whether you are a publisher or consumer of web-based information.

3. Writing for the Web, 9th May
What is so different about writing for the web? The ability to write and re-purpose content for the web is an important skill. This workshop will explore a range of proven practical techniques that you will be able to take away and apply directly to your own web site authoring.

4. Web Pages from Scratch, 10th May
Publishing web pages is now easier than ever, however some degree of technical knowledge and skill is vital in order to produce high-quality, standards-compliant online content. This practical workshop explains how web publishing works and teaches the fundamental skills you will need to create web pages using the current XHTML standard - along with an introduction to web page style and design.

We would appreciate it if you could pass this information onto any colleagues that you feel may be interested in attending one of these Netskills workshops.

Further details these workshops, including prices and booking forms, and of all future Netskills events are available from:

www.netskills.ac.uk/workshops

These workshops can also support our BTEC-accredited qualifications:

www.netskills.ac.uk/accreditation

Regards

Jamie Stogden
Netskills