From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of TURNER, Emma
Sent: 19 April 2007 09:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: MIDAS Heritage Peer Review - Join Us!

Dear colleagues

As you may know, the project to create a second edition of the data standard MIDAS (MIDAS Heritage) is moving towards its peer review stage, and on behalf of the whole project team, I would like to invite you all to take part in this review.  We are particularly keen to have participants from the HER community, because we feel that you are key users of the standard, and we very much hope that you will be able to help with this.  I know that some of you have very kindly offered to undertake the review already, for which many thanks.

The review will be happening between 8th May and 29th June.  You will receive a copy of the MIDAS Heritage document and a short questionnaire to highlight the specific areas we would like your thoughts on. There will also of course be an opportunity to give us any other feedback or information about the document which you feel would be useful.

I’d like to emphasise how impossible it is to produce such a standard without the assistance of our colleagues throughout the sector, and how helpful it will be to us if you can take part.  There will be an update on the MIDAS project at the HER Forum summer meeting in June, and we are hoping to have plenty of feedback from HERs to report during this meeting, so this is the ideal time to comment.

Please email me if you would like to join in.

Best wishes

Emma

Emma Turner

Data Standards Supervisor

English Heritage

National Monuments Record

Kemble Drive

Swindon

SN2 2GZ

+44 (0)1793 414726

FISH homepage

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.
Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net

WWW: http://www.moors.uk.net

CONFIDENTIALITY: The contents of this message are the
views of the author, not necessarily the views of the
North York Moors National Park Authority. This is a
private message intended for the named addressee(s) only.

Its contents may be confidential.  If you have received
this message in error please reply to say so and then
delete the message.  Any use, copying, disclosure or
distribution by anyone other than the addressee is
forbidden. (4-3)
Scanned by MailDefender - managed email security from intY - www.maildefender.net