From Gavin Mooney:

________________________________

INITIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Workshop in Copenhagen: The Political Economy of Health

Sunday 8th July 9.00 to 16.00

Venue to be announced.

The workshop is being organised by members of the Danish Hospital
Institute, the University of Cape Town and Curtin University (Perth,
Australia).  There will be a small fee to help cover some of the costs,
but we will try to keep this as low as possible.

Vicente Navarro has agreed to be the Key Note opening speaker.

Bob Evans has agreed to chair the workshop and facilitate discussion.

The other speakers (who have all confirmed their participation) are:

David Coburn

Amiya Bagchi

Gavin Mooney

Maureen Mackintosh

Di McIntyre

Plenty of time will be left for questions and discussion in between the
presentations.  In addition, there will be a final panel discussion
which will allow for further participation in the workshop:

Panel discussion: 'Where to now? - what should we collectively be doing
to promote more work and advocacy around the political economy of
health?'  - to include abovementioned speakers and Jes Sogaard and Bob
Evans

More information will be available later. If interested contact Gavin
Mooney [log in to unmask]