> That he presents democracy as a problem which prevents a doctors'
> association from being able to make anything happen, ever,
> and demands to be told , not what to do since he is actually
> objecting to that, but to not do what he does not want to do.
>
> And the idea, which he presents, that some of his colleagues
> may object to his demand and therefore there is something
> wrong with them - or all of us but Laurie - seems to me inexcusably
> stupid.
>
> I should perhaps have called him a wise fool, and noted that
> his objection to my note on how to bring about what he
> wanted, if his colleagues will accept it, reveals more about
> why Laurie won't get it or anything like it done, while
> blaming someone else, than about the rest of us.
>
> I'm alarmed that it isn't obvious to others of you.

I worked in artificial intelligence (AI) research for a few years. Colleagues at the centre were
working on systems that could synthesise text from concepts. They would have been quite pleased with the above paragraphs, but
would have recognised that they had much hard work ahead to really create something comprehensible.

Gareth Lloyd