Jel Coward wrote:
> Tim Walter wrote:
>> Technical advice please anyone?
>
> Sounds like google calendar is ok.
>
> Re Sunbird.  THere is now a plug in for THunderbird, called Lightning,
> which is the same calendar but integrated into Tbird.
>
> I haven't shared a calendar on it ....yet.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jel
> PS just migrated Sunbird Windows data into Lightning on Ubuntu - easy to
> do.  Part of my wife's 'I've had enough of Windows, can you put Linux on
> for me' thing.

Thanks for the replies, they highlight one trait of mine, that I prefer
to retain control of my data...  I hadn't really thought about it but I
still prefer to "own" the programs that contain my data. (be it
commercial programs or libre)  So whilst google would work, I feel
uneasy. (irrational I am sure!)

John's "Aladesc" would possibly suffice, but not OSX, and a rather dated
interface!!!

Trying Sunbird again, and and it certainly looks better now than
whenever I last looked (about a yr ago?)  Currently struggling to
publish to the net which would be a clear major selling point...

Tim