Probably the best, simplest, cheapest and most platform independent is Google Calendar. In fact if you wanted to you could get Google to host yingtong.co.uk (now called Google Apps) and have a family front page, shared contacts lists, shared documents and spreadsheets etc etc

Or if you want to go with a real application have a look at Aladesc Family http://www.aladesc.co.uk/pages/frameset.cfm - although i doubt that does OSX