Dr Laurie Miles wrote:
> This is one area where the BMA should stop taking such a woolly attitude, and
> give clear guidance to us after discussion with the Insurance companies.
>
> But they won't...
>
> Laurie

Step one:
Write out here what guidance you wish to be given.

Step two:
Attend the AGM of your BMA Division, or take an alternative route via
your LMC and arrange for a motion demanding that that guidance be made
the policy of the BMA at the ARM or the LMCs conference, respectively.

Step three:
(The really difficult one)
Like the rest of your colleagues, having looked up what the policy is on
that, follow it.

Let me know as you go, I'll be interested.

(Naturally, none of your colleagues would disagree with you and thus
prevent it becoming the policy of the association)