On 12/04/07, Dr Skinner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Of course I do not advocate lying and in most cases not threatening either,

Understood, of course.

> but I was merely pointing out that I have witnessed both strategies being
> used effectively in certain situations... and in the private sector I think
> people do both far more often than we good public servants are used to in
> the NHS.

I felt that the NHS was largely free of lying and threats for a long
time. But now I wonder whether behaviour by politicians and the higher
echelons of management is subtly changing the ethos of our service. I
can put it no more delicately than that.

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK