From: GP-UK [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adrian Midgley
Sent: 12 April 2007 02:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [GP-UK] Patients taken ill abroad

Saul Galloway wrote:

> And on it goes. Europ Assistance will not even consider a claim on
> their policy until the patients GP have provided a "_Full print out_"
> of the last 3 years medical records (their underlining) and a two page
> medical report by the patients own GP.

Perhaps this should be drawn to patients' attention?

A notice in the waiting room saying

"We suggest you avoid Europ Assistance as we lack confidence in their
intention to meet claims by injured or ill travellers"

or with the last clause replaced by a comment about their behaviour

would get a point across.

Now, what insurance firm would the panel prefer to use themselves?

This message  may  contain  confidential  and  privileged information.
If you are not  the intended  recipient please  accept our  apologies.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute  information in this e-mail
or take any  action in reliance on its  contents: to do so is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has
gone  astray  before  deleting it.  Thank  you for  your co-operation.

NHSmail is used daily by over 100,000 staff in the NHS. Over a million
messages  are sent every day by the system.  To find  out why more and
more NHS personnel are  switching to  this NHS  Connecting  for Health
system please visit www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail