Dear List

I am busy organising the next regional training day around the theme of exhibitions/interpretation - how education staff and themes of inclusion and audience awareness can be incorporated into these (especially education staff with limited knowledge of curatorial issues). I am looking for any speakers who may have worked on projects which may be of relevance. I am particularly interested in the following:

1. Exhibiitons which were developed with specific user-groups ie. schools, visual or hearing impaired visitors, enthic or minority groups, adult learners/skills for life etc.

2. Exhibiitons where a successful working relationship was/has been established with curatorial staff and tips that can be shared about how to achieve this.

3. Freelancers/consultants who advise musuems on these areas and could lead workshop-type sessions eg 'how to write accessible panels', exhibition planning, reserach, consultation etc. (A good chance to promote your business!)

4. Examples of sensitive issues being explored in exhibition planning and education - eg the 1807 commemorations.

GEM has limited resources, but can pay for travel and expenses and of course, it is a great CPD opportunity and chance to promote your site/work. Ideally we like speakers from within the region, but will can consider those which are not from Yorkshire and the Humber. The day will take place in June/July - the venue has yet to be decided so again, if you have recently opened a new development or exhibition, that would be a good place to hold the day that you think demonstrates a successful education and curatorial partnership and which is fairly accessible, please get in touch.

Many thanks,

Lynne Minett
GEM Convenor, Yorkshire and the Humber
07788 878664