Dear all,

My son's school is moving in the next year or so from a typical Victorian town-centre building to a newly-built site in a different part of town. I'm very keen to come up with some ideas for preserving artefacts from the old school (they've got old registers, school bells and so on); recording oral history with former pupils (many of whom are mums, dads and grannies of present pupils) and maybe creating some kind of album with imagery etc of the current building, which is gloriously gothic but rather cramped! I hope some of this might be displayed in the new school.

I am a freelance museum text consultant; I have experience with working with the children, and plenty of museum project management experience, but has anyone any advice for running this kind of 'museum' project with primary pupils? Do you think the head/class teachers will welcome this as a suggestion?

thanks very much!

Rebecca
www.rebecca.mileham.net