Hi Katie,

it seems that this is a problem of the webbrowser. slicesdir appears
to process everything fine -including writing the HTML and creating
the png files, but the webbrowsers (I tried Safari and Firefox on mac
os x so far) can't deal with an image containing a '#' in it's name
correctly. In both cases the status bar claims that the link is to a
blah#blah.png file, but the display does not work. If you work on a
mac you can run 'open ./slicesdir/*png' instead, which opens all
images in Preview (if that's your png default) Otherwise I guess
you'll need to rename files - if you use a shell script it's quite
easy to rename all your files in ne go.
hope this helps
christian

On 19 Apr 2007, at 19:49, Katie Karlsgodt wrote:

> Hi,
>   I was just wondering if there are constraints on the image names (or
> anything else) that slicesdir can read in? My images come named as
> follows:
>
> 0000075_ep_b0_.hdr
> 0000075_ep_b0_.img
> 0000150_ep_b1000#0.hdr
> 0000150_ep_b1000#0.img
> 0000225_ep_b1000#1.hdr
> 0000225_ep_b1000#1.img
> 0000300_ep_b1000#2.hdr
> 0000300_ep_b1000#2.img
> 0000375_ep_b1000#3.hdr
> 0000375_ep_b1000#3.img
> 0000450_ep_b1000#4.hdr
> 0000450_ep_b1000#4.img
> 0000525_ep_b1000#5.hdr
> 0000525_ep_b1000#5.img
>
> I can look at them using slices, but I have a lot of directories
> and would
> like to be able to check the images all at once, and slicesdir
> won't make
> images of anything but the first image. I don't know if it is the #
> sign
> causing the problem or something else? Is there any way around it?
> the tool
> is so handy, I'd really like to use it for this if possible but
> also don't
> want to have to rename everything.
>
> thanks!
> Katie

____
Christian F. Beckmann
University Research Lecturer
Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain (FMRIB)
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK.
[log in to unmask]	http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~beckmann
tel: +44 1865 222551			fax: +44 1865 222717