Robert Newton as fabulous as the painter wanting to portray the moment of death in Carol reed's Odd Man Out. As biopics,
'Caravaggio' and "Love is the Devil'... And Michael Powell's last film, 'Age of Consent' is centred on a painter (played by James
Mason)

________________
Dr Andrew Moor
Department of English
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester M15 6LL
UK
0161 247 2000

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the
Manchester Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer
>>> "Shaw, Dan" <[log in to unmask]> 04/11/07 20:47 PM >>>
David Hemmings' photographer in Blow Up

"For beauty is the beginning of terror we are still able to bear, and why we love it so is because it so serenely disdains to
destroy us"  Rilke's First Duino Elegy

Daniel Shaw
Professor of Philosophy and Film
Lock Haven University