Alan Berliner's film about his father...forgetting the title at the moment,
sorry. But it's fabulous.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Dawes" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 8:08 PM
Subject: Film Portraiture.

Hello All, I hope you are well,

Film Portraiture.

I'm looking for examples of portraiture in documentary film. I.e. Portrait
of Jason, Zinedine Zidane, Alfred Brendel, Tarnation

Other potential subjects for debate.

Portraiture V's Biography/Profile/Interview

Could all films such as those by Nick Broofield be described as portraits.
Of one person (Thatcher) or a collection of many (Chicken Ranch)

Is Tarnation a self portrait?

Where might the brackets of such a term sit?

It is an essay about Zinedine Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait, but a growing
part of the writing is being influenced by the form and history of this type
of film.

As well as examples, I would be interested to hear thoughts on the concept.

Many thanks,

Benjamin

*
*
Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon.
After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are
replying to.
To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to:
**

*
*