Hello Tom

May I just observe that no questionnaire is 'validated' and remains so in all contexts?  In essence validity refers to the ability of the questionnaire to assess what the user intends it to.  A questionnaire may be quite 'valid' for one purpose and/or client group at a particular time and place but not at another.    In essence there are no 'validated questionnaires', although the 'use of a questionnaire' will be to a greater or lesser extent 'valid'.

Following from this it is necessary for the user of any questionnaire to carefully assess whether the questionnaire will meet her/his needs.   Is the necessary content present? Are item wording and response scales appropriate to the content area and the client population? etc.   It is unwise to take it for granted that any questionnaire is a priori 'valid'...

You may already be fully aware of this Tom, in which case please excuse me for pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Best wishes,
Rod

__________________________________

Rod O'Connor PhD
Director, ROA - Healthcare Measurement and Development
www.RodOConnorAssoc.com
Conjoint Associate Professor, School of Public Health
and Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine,
University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
ph. +61- 2 9555 9916
mob. +61- 413 60 70 73