________________________________

From: Economics, business, and related subjects
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Foley Simon
Sent: 17 April 2007 10:33
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interested in teaching in Lausanne also?

Following on from what Peter writes, we are also having problems
recruiting a teacher of Economics (with Geography) for this academic
year.  We are now on our third advert.

Strangely, the International School of Lausanne pays well for Europe
(circa 85 000 CHF with 25 percent tax), teachers get paid 70 CHF extra
for extra-curricular activities and 250 CHF - 350 CHF for weekend
activities if they choose to undertake them.  The teaching load is light
(25 periods out of 40) and the students extremely well-behaved and
motivated.

One has the opportunity to teach the interesting IB Economics course and
work in an excellent, well-run school on the edge of Lake Leman in the
Alps.  Skiing, walking, climbing are all on our doorstep and yet we are
having significant problems in attracting a suitable candidate.

I would imagine that the type of person who wants to go to KL and
Lausanne are very different so I not stepping on Peter's toes too much.

Please contact me for any further information.

Simon Foley