I too am busy actually doing the job – thank God I can skim read

From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Faye Langston
Sent: 20 April 2007 11:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: use of language - apology

I am sorry if some of you feel that by ignoring long political rants by colleagues or email topics that go on and on means that we are being complicit - I for one actually have a heavy workload with the students I support and do not have the time to enter into tirades and rants by colleagues, preferring to scan for any interest and then hitting the delete button.

The email below is both patronising and rude, a lot of us come to the forum to find answers to difficult practical questions to assist our students and prefer to keep our politics to ourselves. We do not all have time nor the inclination to comment on every email that comes through and why should we!

I am replying to this email as I cannot believe how condescending it is to those of us who havent replied/ranted/been rude/put our oars in unnecesarily.

Can we please get on with using this forum as a self-help tool to assist our students as I for one am getting very tired of all of this.

Faye

Faye Langston
Disabilities Co-ordinator
Coventry University