Hi yes we do at Dundee University.  We carry these out with the student,
the Safety Office, Health Service (if required) and ourselves.  We walk
round the Campus with the student showing them their evacuation route
for each building.  We then write up this in a form/report, naming all
the buildings, times that student needs to access the buildings, any
existing evacuation procedures already in place, the evacuation routes,
impact of disability, agreed emergency evacuation arrangements,
adjustments that are required and names of people who require copy of
report, i.e. student, PEEP Assessors, Departments, Safety Office,
Disability Services.  These people are also asked to sign the report in
agreement.

We also ask that if the student is going to have difficulty evacuating
the building, they alert staff on the reception areas that they are in
the building.  Most students seem to find this acceptable.

Hope this helps but happy to go over the plan if anybody wants further
information.

Regards.

Anne Gosling
Disability Adviser
Disability Services
University of Dundee
DUNDEE
DD1 4HN

Tel:  [01382] 385091
Fax: [01382] 385403

>>> "Callaghan, Brigid" <[log in to unmask]> 17/04/2007 11:31

Dear all,

Do you carry out Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans for students with
disabilities? How do you approach these? Would you be willing to share
good practice/ pro - forma for PEEPS?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,  Brigid

Brigid Callaghan