I've been taking this a little further.  I chatted to a friend in a city law firm.  He and I have often shared speaker's platforms at events and he's a good guy for puzzles

He was kind enough to elaborate on his thoughts at http://tinyurl.com/2z6smx (Ok, it's my blog, and I promise to send the text to anyone who is banned from looking at blogs).  They tend to agree with Roland's I think.

I also pondered at http://tinyurl.com/36kuwh on the potential social dangers of BlueSpam, where I do see surprisingly real physical issues associated with this use of technology.  Of course that is irrelevant to DP.

There is also a vendor whose Bluetooth Marketing is true opt in, a major and refreshing surprise: http://tinyurl.com/32fnej which shows amazing attention to detail.  Why I should be surprised that this is based in Russia I have no idea.

Certainly sets us up for a Friday discussion :)

My current thoughts are that the UKIC must either enforce against this or amend its guidelines.  Enforcement could at least be tested in the courts.  Unless, of course, Nigel or Gordon want to have a crack at it

Tim Trent - Consultant
Direct: +44(0)1344 392644 Mobile:+44(0)7710 126618
Personal blog:
http://timtrent.blogspot.com/
See also http://complianceandprivacy.com
email: [log in to unmask]
Marketing Improvement Limited, Abbey House, Grenville Place, Bracknell, United Kingdom, RG12 1BP
http://www.marketingimprovement.com

Important: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of Marketing Improvement Limited unless otherwise stated. Their copying, transmission, reproduction in whole or in part may only be undertaken with the express permission, in writing, of Marketing Improvement Limited. Marketing Improvement Limited is registered in England No. 4283972. Registered Office: 643 Watford Way, London NW7 3JR and its VAT number is GB798 2065 86.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]