> If your molecular system is really the first case (so the "gap" is
> not really therer) then currently the Analysis graphical interface
> doesn't let you change some of the seqCodes by +2 but it will let you do
> the "copy assignments".  To change the seqCodes you would have to run that
> bit of Python script I gave.  It should not be that difficult (but more
> than five minutes) to give you a way of accomplishing the same thing via
> the graphical interface.

Please be warned that if you do this you might mess up parts of Analysis
which rely on sequence offsets (e.g. determining short/med/long range
NOEs). This is why I don't let you do it with the GUI! And why I don't
want to add this to the GUI. Now, I could work out sequential
relationships by following the linking objects between residues, but this
is slower, and not trivial to link-in all over Analysis. I really don't
want to go down that route...

> If your molecular system is really the second case, then the Analysis
> graphical interface lets you change the seqCodes, as you already tried,
> but then the "copy assignments" fails because the sequence alignment fails
> because of the reasons given above.  It will be less trivial to sort this
> problem out than in the other case.

I don't think that this will be too difficult to fix when I'm back in Cam,
at least for simple situations where there are discontinuous linear
sections and the source and destination 'molTypes' match. I just have to
avoid using the standard sequence from the API, and try different
concatenations of the fragment sequences to see which aligns best.

T.

 Dr Tim Stevens			Email: [log in to unmask]
 Department of Biochemistry            [log in to unmask]
 University of Cambridge        Phone: +44 1223 766018 (office)
 80 Tennis Court Road	               +44 7816 338275 (mobile)
 Old Addenbrooke's Site 	       +44 1223 364613 (home)
 Cambridge  CB2 1GA	   	WWWeb: http://www.bio.cam.ac.uk/~tjs23
 United Kingdom 		       http://www.pantonia.co.uk
------ +NH3CH(CH(CH3)OH)C(O)NHCH(CH(CH3)CH2CH3)C(O)NHCH(CH2CH2SCH3)CO2- -------