From: CCP4 bulletin board on behalf of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun 4/29/2007 3:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] search-and-replace

Hello everyone,

I have two pdb files for molecule A (A.pdb and A_polyala.pdb) from
which I would like to make a hybrid file A_semi.pdb.  A_semi.pdb will
have some residues with full sidechains (so derived from A.pdb) and
some residues with only a C-beta atom for a sidechain (so derived from
A_polyala.pdb).  The residues I would like mutated are listed in file
B.txt (in total about 250 residues to be mutated).  I could do this by
hand but I figure there must be a fater way to do it.  Does anyone
have any suggestions on how I might be able to do this?  Is there some
unix search-and-replace command line I could use to replace all lines
of text in A.pdb containing ### (spaced appropriately) with those
lines of text in A_polyala.pdb containing the same ###, and then have
it repeat this for all ~250 residues listed in the file B.txt?

Many thanks in advance,

Shekeb