As I assume others on this list will add their own observations about various conference events, I'll just mention a couple.

Lyn and Barrett's readings were impressive, and the atmosphere of the studio at Dartington well complemented the event. Lyn read two pieces, the second of which, "Lola," is a "circus" and is from her book in progress, Saga/Circus (I'm not sure whether she includes the slash or not, but she described Saga and Circus as two separate projects). I can hardly wait for its publication--what I heard brought me physically forward, literally on the edge of my seat, where I stayed for the duration. I bet my mouth was hanging open, too. Innovative, playful, entrancing work.

Richard Kerridge began his excellent paper on environmental issues in Jamie, Prynne, and Lopez by reading a list of "underlying propositions," which, with his permission, I've posted on my blog: http://carrieetter.blogspot.com.

It was a great conference--I'm still mentally revolving the ideas from it and expect to continue thus for some time to come.

Carrie