I'm just back from Wales & England, where I was participating in Transatlantic Exchange: African-Americans & the Celtic Nations at Swansea University and Poetry & Public Language at the University of Plymouth.  I had to leave Poetry & Public Language at lunchtime on Saturday.  I'd love to hear reports.  What I got was:

Friday night: Opening; Public Pages; John Hall's Public Minutes: all very enjoyable.

Saturday Morning: William Rowe on Barry MacSweeney: the MacSweeney poems sang off the handout

Andrea Brady on Tom Raworth.  Ditto.  The Raworth handout on the seat beside me was jumping up & down.  Andrea Brady was also funny & clear.

I was participating in a session with Ian Davidson & Michael Kindellan.  Ian peeled back Frank O'Hara's codes; Michael talked about Charles Olson.  In the Q & A, Michael indicated that he'd rather have a pint with O'Hara than Olson.  This was a parallel session so I missed the other two.  Reports welcome.

Also, like, for the whole rest of the day, evening, & Sunday!

I'd love to hear about Dartington!  Also people's responses to Lyn Hejinian a& Barrett Watten.  Also any highlights.  And particularly -- Kit Fryatt's paper on British & Irish Poets.  I didn't even get to meet Kit.  Kit, I'd love to read your paper.  I met Tim Allen (who lives in Plymouth.  Lucky!).

Mairead