Dear All,
I have been contacted by the Runnymede Trust which has experienced serious
water damage from a plumbing leak in its offices. Many records (some of
which were to be transferred to our repository) have been seriously
damaged and some may be unrecoverable. Thankfully, recovery is in the
hands of a reputable document recovery company as I write.

The Trust has asked me how, for insurance purposes, they could put a value
on any archives that have been completely destroyed. Hopefully, this will
not be too many, but it's hard to assess at this point.

Hopefully, not too many of you have had to deal with such a problem, and I
remember that the monetary value of archives has been discussed before on
this list-serve, but I hope someone may be able to give some guidance as
to how I may be able to advise the Trust on this matter.

Judy Vaknin
Archivist
Middlesex University