The following position should be being advertised in the SoA.  Sorry about the weird wording - it's how it appears on the Tameside jobs' site and we have no control over that!

The sooner you apply, the quicker we can fill the post, the better for us who are trying to cope without an archivist!

Thanks.

Nell Phillips,
Senior Library Assistant.

tameside: sustainable communities

culture and customer services

 archivist

£20,895 to £22,293 per annum (Graded at: Scale 6) - Hours: 36 Hours Per Week

pay award pending

Work Pattern: Full Time
Please Quote Ref. No: SU144
Closing Date: 30th April 2007

We are looking to appoint a qualified Archivist to join our Local Studies and Archives Service based in our purpose built centre in Tameside Central Library. This post provides an exciting opportunity to manage and exploit our Archive Collection. The collection consists of local government, public and private records, mainly dating from the mid 19th Century, and including material associated with the Manchester Regiment.

You will require a diploma in archives administration, together with excellent communication skills, good organisational skills and knowledge of IT as it relates to archives. Experience of similar work would be an advantage.

View Job Description / Person Specification for archivist(SU144).

For an informal discussion contact Alice Lock, Local Studies Librarian on 0161 342 4242.

Apply for archivist(SU144).

Tameside Local Studies and Archives Centre
Central Library
Old Street
ASHTON-UNDER-LYNE
OL6 7SG

Tel: 0161-342-4242
Fax: 0161-342-4245

Sustainable Communities - "Connecting People to Services"
Culture and Customer Services
Library Service Unit