Apologies for cross-posting:

TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF SOAS SPECIAL COLLECTIONS READING ROOM

Major building work will be taking place in the School of Oriental and
African Studies’ Special Collections section over the next few months.

The building project is the result of a successful bid to the Wolfson
Foundation, which has secured funding to build an additional archive
store, essential to house the growing collections. There will also be
modifications to the Special Collections Reading Room, providing
additional seating in this area.

The work will take place between 1st May and 3rd August 2007 inclusive.
During this time it will be necessary to close the Special Collections
Reading Room and there will be no access to any of our collections. We
apologise to users for the short notice regarding the closure. This is due
to circumstances beyond our control. We will be running a limited enquiry
service during the closure period; readers are asked to contact
[log in to unmask] with any queries.

Susannah Rayner
Head of Archives and Special Collections
School of Oriental and African Studies