From: Isobel Siddons <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:52:53 PM
Subject: Action for Archives launch party for London and South East

Archive staff from archives in London and the South East are invited to:

Reception to launch Action for Archives

Venue: Royal Geographical Society

Date: Thursday 17th May, 6pm-8pm

The MLA Partnership invites you to an evening reception to launch Action for Archives - our new national programme of practical support and development for archives.

The reception will be introduced by MLA Chairman Mark Wood and hosted by MLA Council, MLA London and MLA South East

Action for Archives means we are channelling our resources into a number of focused national schemes, working directly with archive services. In addition, each Regional Agency will offer a wider programme of training and support.

Action for Archives will address four key areas of development:

  • Fund-raising
  • Strategic thinking and influencing
  • Learning programmes
  • Leadership and workforce development

Join us on Thursday 17 May to celebrate the launch of the programme and find out more about how Action for Archives can support the development of your archive service.

Please RSVP by Thursday 10 May (as places are limited) to Batool Khan

or telephone 020 7273 1465.

Venue

Royal Geographical Society

1 Kensington Gore

London SW7 2AR

http://www.rgs.org/AboutUs/Visiting+the+Society/Visiting+the+Society.htm

http://www.multimap.com/maps/#t=l&map=51.5015,-0.17524|16|4&loc=GB:51.5015:-0.17524:16|SW7%202AR|SW7%202AR

We look forward to seeing you on 17 May.

Chris Batt

Chief Executive

MLA Council

Unless stated otherwise the information contained in this e-mail and any
attachments is confidential. If you have received it in error, you are
on notice of its status. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the
email and any attachments from your system.

The Museums, Libraries and Archives Council is a Company Limited by
Guarantee, Registered in England, with Company Number 03888251. The
Registered Office being : Museums, Libraries and Archives Council, (MLA)
Victoria House, Southampton Row, London, WC1B 4EA. Registered Charity
number : 1079666.