strange godsDear Friend

you might try one of our titles 'Jesus the Sorcerer'
details below - for other gods and the goddess
in early judaism the works of Raphael Patai are
a bit of an eye opener -

Jesus the sorcerer: Exorcist, Prophet of the Apocalypse

By Robert Conner

£12.99/$25 isbn 1869928954

pub date: 14 April 2006

The most complete summation to date of the New Testament evidence for

magical practice by Jesus and the early Christians.

The very notion of Jesus being a sorcerer runs so against the grain of the

Western cultural myth that even non-Christians are likely to find it

far-fetched or even vaguely disturbing. Nevertheless, scholars steadily

accumulated evidence for magi-cal practices in the New Testament throughout

much of the 20th century . It is that ever expanding body of knowledge that

has made this book possible. This book examines the following:

The nature of the earliest Christian documents, the defects of their

trans-mission, and the evidence for the suppression of descriptions of

magical acts.

The closely related problem of the New Testament accounts as historical

sources.

The radically apocalyptic nature of Jesus’ message and the expectations of

the early church.

The failure of the apocalypse to occur and the theological reaction to that

failure.

The role of magic and mystery religion in early Christianity.

A revisiting of the story of the "beloved disciple" and what it may tell us

about Jesus and suppression of evidence about his life.

Documentary Evidence / Infancy Narratives / Confrontation / Resurrection as

Ghost Story /Apocalyptic Prophet / Apocalypse Postponed, / Magic and

Mystery, / Jesus the Magician / Spirit Versus Spirit, / Ecstatic Inner

Circle, / Christian Mysteries, / Secret Gospel of Mark, / Beloved Disciple,

/ On the Use of youth in Magic, / Apocalypse, Magic, and Christianity, /

"son of David." / Mary Magdalene

bb/93

mogg

: ) .....................................: )
Mandrake.uk.net
Publishers
PO Box 250, Oxford, OX1 1AP
+44 1865 243671