Hi,

> I get the feeling users wouldn't know an Eduroam Tier from their elbow,
> really, so it could cause confusion if some users visiting a WRD site
> have service yet others don't because their Home site has a different
> policy.

yes, user education is always a large factor - but the general method is
'along the lines of 'if you have to login into a web page ala coffee shop
then that wont work' - certainly our users are getting used to the proper
dot1x experience - the standard Windows login interface to use wireless
(or the standard OSX prompt...or SecureW2 etc depending on their
service level)

incidentally this is another reason to deprecate the JRS Tier1. Terena have got
oct 2007 as the deprecation date - and australia never even got that far
(with WPA/TKIP the mandatory starting level)

however, as with such technology and methods I'm certain that if there
wasnt a lower 'technology entrance cost' a couple of years back then
the whole system wouldnt have taken off. thoughts?

> It would be ideal if the NRPS service were to eventually stop proxying
> PAP, if at all possible, with sufficient notice to sites of course.

even PAP in EAP-TTLS ? ;-)

alan