http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS01/703200363

Director takes helm at Spring Lake Ranch

March 20, 2007

By <mailto:[log in to unmask]>Gordon Dritschilo Herald Staff

SHREWSBURY ­ James Taggart's job interview at
Spring Lake Ranch included putting up tubing between maple trees.

"I had to live at the ranch for a couple of
days," he said. "I was put on the woods crew."

"Most of the residents here are young adults who
are working through problems related to mental
illness, substance-abuse issues or emotional
difficulties," he said. "The real compelling
thing was the concept of a therapeutic community.
It's in that community that people naturally heal."

Residents and much of the staff live, eat and
work together, producing goods used at the ranch
and sold outside of it. The residents tend a
garden and raise cows, pigs, chickens, sheep and even llamas.

"This is real work people are counted on for
doing," Taggart said. "Being held accountable, in
a respectful way ­ it's that supportive community
with work structure, that's one way some people
can heal and recover from some pretty major events."

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS01/703200363

Dr. Craig Fees
Planned Environment Therapy Trust Archive and Study Centre
Church Lane
Toddington
near Cheltenham
Glos. GL54 5DQ