Hi Peter,
	in case you're wondering I dropped the ball on this one - my day
job inconveniently got in the way - then I went to a GAIA meeting last
week. No, not that one, the astrometric satellite, of course...

Well I tried the shortcut of cvs update, rm /star[*...] boot, make-deps,
configure, make world and after all that I still get the
/star/bin/alink: 0: not found
/star/bin/alink: 0: not found
errors.

So - plan B (your plan A), I'll go wipe out everything and start from the
beggining...

Cheers
	Pete.