Dear Collegaues

Brighton Eclectica: Staff Development Conference
Development connections: people * organisations * regions
7-9 November 2007

Dear Colleagues

***Call for contributions  - Deadline: 31 March 2007

The 2007 conference brings together those interested in staff and organisational development in higher education.

A proposal form and further details can be found on:http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/membership/sdc2007/sdconfpropform07.doc

We are looking for proposals for lively, stimulating contributions relating to our broad themes, for parallel sessions taking place on 8 and 9 November.

Share your experiences, tools and approaches, engage with colleagues or promote discussion through:

§   Seminars or workshops
(up to 45 minutes)

§   High energy 'speed training'
(up to 25 minutes)

§   Posters (with a dedicated 1½  hour session, 8th Nov, pm)

§   'Postcards from the edge' - multimedia presentations of up to 5 minutes from regional groups

Feedback from last year's conference called for shorter, interactive sessions and for more contributions offering concrete

tools and techniques and opportunities to experience development approaches. We particularly welcome posters from early

career staff developers.

The programme committee will review all proposals during the first two weeks of April.  Contributors will be informed of the outcome as soon as possible thereafter.

The 2007 conference for development professionals within UK higher education is a partnership between the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education and the Staff Development Forum.

Details of the conference can be found at: http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/membership/sdc2007/

The early bird on line booking form for £575 ( closing date 30 June 2007) can  be found at:

http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/evt-crs-prog/event_booking_form.html?bookeventid=sdcbrighton07.html

We look forward to hearing from you

Wendy Mason

Programme Administrator
The Leadership Foundation For Higher Education
Kingfisher House
90 Rockingham Street
Sheffield
S1 4EB

Tel: 0114 270 0188
Fax: 0114 272 6354

The Leadership Foundation for Higher Education is a company limited by guarantee (company registration number 4929860) registered in England and Wales and also a registered Charity (charity registration number 1101959). Its Registered Office and operational address is at 88 Kingsway, London WC2B 6AA