Dear Paul, dear All,

> No, inhomogeneities are not the same for different sequences - I derive
> the bias from SPM5 segment on one fMRI image in a series (the mean after
> realignment) and apply the bias correction to all images in the same
> series only. Note also that the bias does not correct for distortions,
> only intensity variations.

Coming back to last week's discussion, I wondered (due to my
insufficient understanding of the exact unified segmentation approach
and due to only having a slow PC): if I "only" do a segmentation in
order to get a bias correction, which parameters can I tweak to make
things go faster?

I mean, I am obviously not interested in the segmentation results (and
never write them out at all) but only in the bias correction, so I could
reduce the tissue classification to the necessary minimum. Has anybody
tried this?

Thanks,
Marko
Marko Wilke                                            (Dr.med./M.D.)

Universitäts-Kinderklinik              University Children's Hospital
Abt. III (Neuropädiatrie)             Dept. III (Pediatric neurology)
             Hoppe-Seyler-Str. 1, D - 72076 Tübingen
Tel.: (+49) 07071 29-83416                   Fax: (+49) 07071 29-5473