Dear list,
as a follow-up to my previous post:

http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=ind0703&L=spm&O=D&F=&S=&P=14113

I have found out that the problem with loading DCM.mat files can be
solved by putting all the DCM models to be averaged in the same
directory (this is a different behavior than in SPM2, and it also
pertains to the spm_dcm_create function: in SPM5 the VOI files entered
in the specified model must appearently be in the same directory as the
SPM.mat file, otherwise they won't be found/loaded). Has anyone else
seen this?

Still, I am having another problem with spm_dcm_average in SPM5: by
averaging a DCM fitted model over 3 subjects, I encounter the following
error:

	>> Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision.
	> In spm_dcm_average at 86
	  In spm_dcm_ui at 882
	Warning: Matrix is singular to working precision.
	> In spm_dcm_average at 86
	  In spm_dcm_ui at 882
	Warning: Matrix is singular, close to singular or badly scaled.
	         Results may be inaccurate. RCOND = NaN.
	> In spm_dcm_average at 96
	  In spm_dcm_ui at 882

When I try to review the average model I get:

	>> ??? Reference to non-existent field 'M'.

	Error in ==> spm_dcm_ui at 339
	        m     = DCM.M.m;

	??? Error using ==> spm_dcm_ui
	Reference to non-existent field 'M'.

	??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback

DCM averaging in SPM2 with the same files yields:

	>> Warning: Returning NaN for out of range arguments
	> In spm_Ncdf at 76
	  In spm_dcm_average at 93
	  In spm_dcm_ui at 846

Nevertheless, in SPM2 I can review the estimated DCM_avg model and e.g.
the DCM.A and DCM.B matrices contain real numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
All the best,
Marco

--
Marco Tettamanti, Ph.D.
San Raffaele Scientific Institute

Sostieni la ricerca del San Raffaele con il 5permille!
E' SEMPLICE E NON COSTA NULLA.
Basta indicare nell'apposito riquadro della dichiarazione dei
redditi ("Ricerca sanitaria")
il codice fiscale della
Fondazione Centro S. Raffaele del Monte Tabor:
03 06 42 80 153 e ricordarsi di firmare.
Se vuoi saperne di piu' scrivi a [log in to unmask] o vai sul sito
www.5xmille.org