Amit - the princeton group has a toolbox that does classification
(http://www.csbmb.princeton.edu/mvpa/).  I believe it only includes
neural nets and ridge regression methods right now but those seem to
be pretty effective (e.g., they finished in 2nd place in last year's
OHBM competition using ridge regression).

cheers
rp

On Mar 5, 2007, at 10:21 PM, Amit Etkin wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I was wondering if anybody has available, or could recommend, an
> analysis
> package (preferrably in Matlab) for fMRI image data that uses
> support-vector
> machine or similar classification methods for determining patterns
> of brain
> activity that maximally differentiate between conditions or between
> groups
> in an fMRI experiment...either using time course data or first level
> contrast images.
>
> There have been a few papers recently, including several in
> neuroimage, but
> it seems that the packages that have been cited have been developed
> for
> general use (ie not specifically with fMRI data and images in
> mind), and
> have thus been much adapted by the authors.
>
> thanks in advance!
>
> Amit

---
Russell A. Poldrack, Ph.d.
Associate Professor
Wendell Jeffrey and Bernice Wenzel Term Chair in Behavioral Neuroscience
UCLA Department of Psychology
Franz Hall, Box 951563
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1563

phone: 310-794-1224