In person -
Date: 15th March 2007
Location: Lecture theatre G51, Chemistry Building, University of
Manchester, Brunswick Street
Map: http://www.manchester.ac.uk/medialibrary/maps/campusmap.pdf
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Details: http://www.ncess.ac.uk/events/

This event is being organised by the ESRC National Centre for e-Social
Science (http://www.ncess.ac.uk/) as part of the ESRC Festival of Social
Science (http://www.esrc.ac.uk/ESRCInfoCentre/FSS/) and will be run in
conjunction with The Guardians Free Our Data? campaign.

Chair: Jim Hancock : Ex Political Editor for BBC North West

Panellists:
Charles Arthur: Technology Editor, The Guardian
Peter Elias: Professor of Labour Economy, University of Warwick and
Strategic Advisor (Data Resources) to the ESRC
Duncan MacNiven: Registrar General for Scotland
Jil Matheson: Director of Census, Demographic and Regional Statistics,
Office for National Statistics
Duncan Sheill: Director of Strategy, Ordnance Survey