Here is a notice that we have just posted on the Members' page of the Society's web-site:

John Walker writes: Members are warned that another examination season approaches, which means that the Kipling Library at City University will not be accessible on the following dates: In addition you need to bear in mind that the Library is closed on bank/public holidays and University closure days, in the next few weeks Friday 6th - Monday 9th April (inclusive), Monday 7th May and Monday 28th May.

We have taken these dates and times from the University timetable, and included a full hour before and hour after, for invigilators to set up and clear. I would recommend that researchers contact the Examinations Officer, Sarah Williams, on 020 7040 4213, if they wish to visit the collection in May. On some occasions, I have been able to "arrange" a short visit at lunch time for urgent research. Weekends are, as always, available from mid day until 6.00 p.m. (subject to University closures).

Those wishing to make an appointment to visit the Library should do so by telephoning at least a day in advance on 020-7040-4061, or, failing this, the University's main switchboard at 020-7040-5060. If you are visiting from a distance or need help, do by all means telephone or email me directly.

John Walker, Hon. Librarian