Release-authorised: Taxonomies and fileplans - any help appreciated!

Looks like you are having a fun time!

Of course Taxonomies and Fileplans are different things.  There are, of course, close relationships but (and this is the killer) they are not one to one.  I suspect that any use of one as the other will indeed defeat the purpose.  Indeed I suspect that the manifest unsuitability of the taxonomy as a file plan will not only be ignored as a fileplan but affect the credibility of the taxonomy by association with the failure.

Getting a coherent overall fileplan adopted is quite enough of a challenge without this sort of nonsense.  More people outside the Information Management community will see the value of a good fileplan than will ever buy into a taxonomy.

Regards

Jim

J.S.M.Whitaker

Mercia Information Ltd
Cocksian Cottage
Banks Green                    07798 702428
Nr Redditch                      [log in to unmask]
Worcestershire                 Skype: J.S.M.Whitaker
B97 5SU