Dear lists

A group of Records Managers in law firms, well two of us, are trying to put together a forum, or something similar, to discuss establishment of records management policies within the legal sector. We have had some initial interest and investigations revealed a familiar pattern across many law firms:

No policy in place - brief discussions - Subject dropped due to lack of guidelines, apathy or resistance.

We are hoping to get a broad participation of law firms, big, small, international etc...to discuss the implementation of a policy which by nature appears to be secretive and hard work to get support from senior management.

We would be happy to hear from anyone; whether you have implemented a policy, are about to implement or are generally getting nowhere!

Please feel free to pass on this email to anyone you may know who works in the legal sector and may be interested.

Kind regards

Robin Scally
Records Manager
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
65 Fleet Street, London, EC4Y 1HS
Direct Tel:     +44 20 7427 3889
Mobile:           077250 63907
Fax:             +44 20 7108 3889

This e-mail is confidential and may well also be legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person: to do so could be a breach of confidence. Thank you for your co-operation. Please contact our IT Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 7785 2000 or email [log in to unmask] if you need assistance.

Please refer to http://www.freshfields.com/legalnotice/uk.asp for regulatory information relating to the provision of insurance mediation services.