Records Management Society – Local Government Group

The next meeting of the Local Government Group will take place on Friday
July 20th at the Westminster Archives Centre.

The theme of the day will be all aspects of e-mail management. I am
currently putting the agenda together and as always would welcome offers of
help to run the day.

It has been suggested that we start the day with a debate about the
benefits of e-mail archiving versus the benefits of managing e-mail within
a full-blown EDRMS. I would appreciate any offers to present both sides of
the case (it would involve presentations of no more than 30 minutes each)

This would be followed by break-out sessions to discuss the different
elements of e-mail management and will be the opportunity to share good
practice and to discuss the issues. I would like to make the groups smaller
than last time so I need about 12 volunteers to facilitate or assist
facilitation of the groups. [As last time I will collect the feedback to
post on the web-site].

After lunch, it has been suggested that the break out groups are challenged
to produce ideas for 10 minute presentations to explain records management
at an induction. The results of this could also be posted on the web site.
I would need some volunteers (who may be different to the people
facilitating the earlier break out sessions) to facilitate these groups.

Finally, I would like to end with the panel discussion, which would aim to
cover e-mail management issues. I would like some volunteers to sit on the
panel.

If you would like to volunteer or to attend the meeting, please contact me
off list on [log in to unmask]

The meeting is open to all, but preference will be given to RMS members,
please tell me whether or not you or your organisation is a member when you
contact me.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you all.