Could we start the ball rolling and ask where CAQDAS programs are sitting in terms of compatibility with Vista?

I suppose that no-one whose computer currently does what they ask of it will hurry to convert to Vista –  but presumably and inexorably it will become of interest to other subscribers to find out the ‘hows’, ‘whens’ and ‘ifs’ of CAQDAS compatibility with Vista.  Could developers tell us, are CAQDAS programs already compatible, if not, when will they be…do they need to be – what are the issues for developers and users ?

Perhaps this will also get discussed at the CAQDAS 07 conference in April, but a discussion might be useful here on the list?

Thomas Muhr talked interestingly about this on the ATLAS.ti list a few days ago… could you cross post your message to this list Thomas?

Regards

Ann Lewins

CAQDAS Networking Project

University of Surrey

GUILDFORD   GU9 8SY

UK

TEL: +44(0)1483689455

FAX: +44(0)1483689551

email  [log in to unmask]

Web:  http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk

CAQDAS 07 conference:  http://caqdas.soc.surrey.ac.uk/conference/conference07.htm

CAQDAS Networking Project is an ESRC funded project under the ESRC RDI  programme . its co-directors ar Nigel Fielding, Professor of Sociology at University of Surrey and Ray Lee, Professor of Social Research Methods, Royal Holloway, University of London.