Dear Alison,

This is Julian Daniel. I hope that you are fine. Many thanks, indeed, for sending the notes on the fascinating workshop we had in February. As you know, I have been trying to clarify some of the Lacanian concepts to which I alluded during the workshop. However, although I am now working on questions of trauma in relation to Argentina for my paper on Lucrecia Martel and on questions of trauma and modernity for my work on Almodovar's Volver, I think that, if I keep clarifying Lacanian concepts, this will take us away from the main topic of the workshop that we had in February, which was focused on the translation of Freud. I do hope, however, that I can join you in the near future and continue the discussion (hopefully in May)

Alison, I received an e-mail from Paola about inviting someone for the final conference, but I do not think that I received the original e-mail from you. Please, I would be very grateful if you could confirm me whether I am on the mailing list. I think that I will be on sabbatical in the Spring 2008. Therefore, since I will be in Europe, it would be a great honour to participate or to attend this conference. With regard to Plotkin, I like his work, but he is more a historian than a theorist. I will do my best to think about someone from Spain or Argentina who works on psychoanalysis and the humanities and will share the name with you.

Again, Alison, many thanks, indeed, for your great efforts, and it is a pleasure to be in touch with you.

Un gran saludo,

Julian Daniel