Christopher's "what is narrated is immune to
disbelief" (if I've got that right) seems right to me
viz. fiction, but it's hard to see "disbelief" (or
belief, for that matter) as an issue for poetry. Since
poems create an aura of truthfulness that's only a
pretense anyway, why would a poet go for broke with
dis/belief?

Joanna, I'd love to hear more about the Martian
school, which is a new one on me.

Thanks,

Candice

--- Joanna Boulter <[log in to unmask]>