Yes, it makes sense, Doug--as does Dominic's
"commons." But I have been commenting all along the
thread on the issue of _attribution_, not so much on
lifting work by others per se (i.e., plagiarism). But
rather, doing so without acknowledgment, which is what
Dylan did in _Modern Times_. This doesn't seem all
that "complicated" to me, though the various laws and
rules certainly can be. And many of those only arose
in the mid-1970s, though the notion of copyright was
inspired by Wordsworth.

I think the question I posed to Joe about plagiarism
among his students is obvious and valid.

Candice

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/