And then there's 'And the Band Played 'Waltzing Matilda' !

Some great interpretations of that one....

Doug
On 22-Mar-07, at 4:46 PM, Caleb Cluff wrote:

> Two of Australia's great songwriters, Paul Kelly and Kev Carmody,
> co-wrote a song (From Little Things Big Things Grow) about the Wave
> Hill
> walkoff of 1966, where Gurindji stockmen walked off a cattle station to
> protest their appalling treatment by the owner. There's a great line
> about the owner:
>
> "Vestey was fat, with money and muscle
> Beef was his business and broad was his door."
>
> Paul Kelly's lyrics are studied as poetry in Victoria. His song "From
> St
> Kilda to Kings Cross" somehow incorporates Bergsonian metaphysics into
> bus trip ("and all around me felt like all inside me, and my body left
> me"), and still has the killer line at the end:
>
> "I'd give you all of Sydney Harbour, all that land and all that water,
> For that one sweet promenade."
>
> caleb

Douglas Barbour
11655 - 72 Avenue NW
Edmonton  Ab  T6G 0B9
(780) 436 3320
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest book: Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664

You've got to find some way of saying it
without sayng it.

	Duke Ellington