Yesterday, before school in the afternoon I passed by a German backery here
close-by. I was taken by the beauty, variety, colors of what seemed scones
but different, bigger and puffier as if the white fluted paper cups could
not contain them. They still make what I used to like when I was a teenager,
they call them "flames" _fiamma_, that is a sort of cookie-like basis on
which twisted and ending in pyramidal apex soft chocolate cream is set
covered by a thin harder layer of chocolate. I had one some time ago, but
the taste was not the one I could remember, that is why I just look at them
and think how good they are.
As I will forever remember a patisserie in Paris, this to honor Martin. We
bought some salted _they call them pies in England but it has nothing to do
with them.